Our dreams of "Infrastructure Development" of college are finally taking the shape of reality.
The seeds which were sown during the Alumni meet on 15th Aug 2009, the discussions held and suggestions received during subsequent Alumni Meets at Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Bidar, Bellary (Jindal Steel Works), Raichur, Bhimarayangudi & Gulbarga and final resolutions made during the Golden alumni Meet on 6th February, 2010 at college campus, led to concrete thoughts and design. The gaps in infrastructure were taken into consideration and a major plan for modern facilities was taken up.
The projects have been taken up in the last 10 months.
This was possible with the support and co-operation of all the stake holder of the college
- Recreation room for Ladies Staff and students was constructed with a cost of Rs 30 Lakhs and inaugurated on 12-08-2010
- Golden Gate and Face Lift of the college Project to revamp the entrance and provide parking space for staff and students vehicle is nearing completion with an estimated cost of Rs. One Crore
- The construction work of Golden Jubilee Alumni Student Activity Center (SAC) has been started with an estimated cost of Rs.10 Crores and will be completed in a record time 18 moths ( By end of 2011). The work has been started the funds committed by the management of HKE Society as their contribution.
- The work for the construction of Mechanical Engineering Block (1st floor of work shop and IC Engine Lab) has been taken up with estimated cost of Rs. One Crore twenty five Lacks and now 30% work is completed. This block will integrate the Mechanical Engg Dept, which had facilities scattered all over the campus.
The following are other Projects are on the pipe line, which will be taken up later.
Dr. S S Hebbal
- Construction of a Complex for Canteen and Bank
- Construction of a Block for Basic Sciences and Humanities
- Creating Independent block for Architecture to upgrade the department to a status of Independent School of Architecture
Convener Alumni Activities